Senior Product Marketing Manager
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Why join our team?
AMCS is the leading global technology company providing innovative solutions to the environmental services and related industries through the AMCS Platform. Established in Limerick, Ireland in 2003, the company continues to grow operations globally and today employs 550+ people across 11 countries. AMCS delivers enterprise cloud-based software solutions worldwide supporting 2,650+ customers in 22 countries.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager who will be responsible for defining the market position of the AMCS Platform and will articulate all of the outbound tasks necessary to clearly explain the benefits of the solution features and translate them into customer-facing messaging.
In this role you will report into the Chief Marketing Officer and work closely together with the product management group as well as the global marketing team. The role will be based at our global headquarters in Limerick
In this role, you will:
- Conduct competitor analysis, market research, and be tight with the sales and customer success team to inform the strategic positioning of the ACMS Platform to AMCS sales, customers, partners, and market influencers.
- Follow and analyse market trends to position products.
- Develop product marketing strategies (pricing, advertising, product launching).
- Craft compelling messages and marketing collateral across both online and off line marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns, webinars, seminars, trades shows).
- Develop customer-facing presentations; updating the website, as well as outlining the marketing programs required for demand generation.
- Give high level product demonstrations at trade shows and in webinars, delivering presentations in user conferences and 1:1 to customers and prospects.
- Conduct post implementation reviews to evaluate adoption and value delivered in implementation projects.
- Work with product management to determine features for the platform roadmap.
- Organise the education and adoption process of new releases with internal teams (sales, support etc.).
- Provide sales enablement material and relevant product information for the sales force .
- Assume a lead role for early success of new releases and products.
- Liaise closely with the Global Marketing organisation, and the product management group.
- Organise and participate in customer and partner user conferences.
- Produce and/or review product and release documentation.
- Review product related marketing campaigns and ad copy.
Necessary skills and experience:
- 8+ year’s relevant experience working in a similar role with a proven track record implementing ICT systems.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills are essential in order to successfully engage with clients, executive levels and internal support teams.
- A “can do” attitude and consistently energetic approach to work. Experience of working with high performing product management individuals and teams and the maturity and credibility to contribute to a positive team environment.
- Market understanding: Understand not only the competitive landscape but the market dynamics
- Perspective on future: Clear idea of how the market will evolve (technical capabilities, adoption, user base, competitive threats, potential disruptions)
- Dissemination: Ability to communicate the vision effectively to everyone from engineering to sales to executive level
- Generate Insights: Drive the product team forward with the use of “insights” in order to ensure that the company is pursuing the right course of action. Generate, filter and evolve strategic vision based off these insights
- Experience with SaaS based enterprise software solutions
- Track record of commercial success on new multi-product launches.
- Be capable of responding to multiple challenges in a positive and energetic fashion
- Ability to work on own initiative and often under pressure to demanding timelines occasionally requiring work after normal hours
- Ability and willingness to work in an international environment (global customer base and both marketing and product teams in locations across Europe and North America) . Estimated travel 40%.