Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer
AMCS Group is a global leader in the business and operational management software and vehicle technology for the recycling and waste management industry. AMCS’ software is managing over €3bn worth of transactions annually, over 14,000 vehicles and in excess of 3,000 sites.
ELEMOS, the company‘s flagship ERP software platform, is designed specifically for the waste and recycling industry. It is a comprehensive feature-rich, modular software suite which manages all elements of the resource recovery process from customer management, route planning, collections, and invoicing through to material sales and brokerage. It is combined with on-vehicle technology products such as dynamic bin weighing, RFID and on-vehicle computing to deliver an integrated end-to-end solution for C&I, recycling and municipal operators.
We currently have a requirement for an experienced Software Developer, based at our Limerick office.
Developing, enhancing and maintaining our environmental software products in accordance with agreed requirements and designs, including:
• Member of a team of software developers using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2017(C#, ASP.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server (2005 and 2008 and 2017 versions).
• Contributing to the specification, development and test of software solutions to defined standards.
• Delivery of software development projects both as stand-alone and as a team member of internal agile and outsourced development teams.
• Development of embedded applications (Windows XP Embedded) that utilise GIS related plug-ins (including vehicle navigation and route optimisation).
• Develop and deliver project updates to senior management.
Qualifications and personal attributes
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Development or equivalent.
• 5 + years experience in an Information Technology environment, specializing in Software Development, would be a distinct advantage.
• Experience developing applications in C#, ASP.NET or SQL Server would be an advantage.
Experience in Microsoft WPF/WCF would be an advantage
Excellent communication and personal skills, able to communicate clearly, effectively, and form effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, suppliers and third parties.
• High levels of drive and energy.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Enthusiasm and general interest in Software Development.
• A passion for user interface
• Commitment to on-going personal development