Software Support Engineer
Software Support Engineer
AMCS Group is a global leader in the provision of management software and hardware to the waste and recycling industry. The global waste and recovery industry is estimated to be worth in excess of €10bn and AMCS’ solutions are managing over €3bn worth of transactions annually, over 14,000 vehicles and in excess of 3,000 sites across Europe, the US and elsewhere.
ELEMOS is the company‘s flagship ERP software platform, which is designed specifically for the waste and recycling industry. It is a comprehensive feature-rich, modular software suite which manages all elements of the resource recovery process from customer management, route planning, collections, and invoicing through to material sales and brokerage. It is combined with on-vehicle technology products such as dynamic bin weighing, RFID and on-vehicle computing to deliver an integrated end-to-end solution for C&I, recycling and municipal operators.
We currently have a requirement for a Software Support Engineer, based in our Limerick office.
- Provide customer software product support / requests for AMCS customer base and ensure that all calls/responses meet AMCS Quality standards and KPI’s.
- Support Project managers in the field for all project requirements, including specification development to customer requirements, installs, upgrades & configuration.
- As part of the Customer management & delivery team, have responsibility for SQL Server administration, data base administration, backup, replication, disaster recovery strategies.
- Provide IT Infrastructure support both in-house and at customer sites.
- Prepare end user and technical user documentation for environmental products
- Attend customer sites, for installations, training, go lives & review meetings, always providing a high level of customer service.
- Analysis of software issues reported for any repeat issues with proposed solutions on how to improve product performance. Identify any training needs for customers and produce operation documents to address these issues.
- You will be involved in product improvement program, consulting to customer & monitoring of performance metrics.
Person Specification – Profile
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience in SQL server or Oracle and database administration, mobile communications software would be an advantage
- Experience in a customer facing role is desirable but not essential.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), especially with regards to providing information to clients.
- An understanding of software engineering principles and processes. Practical experience in relation to databases, Microsoft SQL server, managing hosted solution and web services.
- An interest in learning and keeping up to date in SQL server, mobile communications software, web application developments and cloud computing.